The Global Network for Academic Public Health (GNAPH) is one of the co-organizers for the World Congress on Public Health in Rome, May 2-6, 2023. The World Congress serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards protecting and promoting public health at a national and global level. The theme of the Congress, “A World in Turmoil: Opportunities to Focus on the Public’s Health” reflects the global health community’s commitment to work together in and outside of our respective fields to promote health equity and build a more sustainable and just future.
GNAPH sponsored five sessions during the Congress:
- Global collaboration in academic public health
- Ethics and academic public health
- Innovations in academic public health – where do we go next?
- Capacity building and professionalization of the public health workforce – Part 1
- Capacity building and professionalization of the public health workforce – Part 2